Maintaining integrity and combating corruption require comprehensive reform programs with strong political support, the Kingdom joined all efforts exerted by the international community to combat corruption, through concluding agreements, attending conferences and symposiums, and promoting international cooperation. And as an extension of this interest, the Kingdom has made several efforts in this regard, which we review on this page.
The National Strategy for Protecting Integrity and Combating Corruption
- The strategy has been developed to protect integrity and combat corruption
- The establishment of the National Anti-Corruption Commission plans to undertake the following tasks:
Oversight and Anti-Corruption Authority
The Authority aims to protect the overall integrity, enhance the principles of transparency, and combat financial and administrative corruption in all forms, manifestations, and methods. This is implemented with the aim to achieve this based on the following specializations:
- Following up on the implementation of orders and instructions related to public affairs and the interests of citizens to ensure compliance with them.
- Understanding aspects of financial and administrative corruption in public work contracts, operation and maintenance contracts, and other contracts linked to public affairs and the interests of citizens related to the entities covered by the Authority’s capabilities, while taking the required measures regarding any contract that is found to include corruption or a contract being executed in violation of the provisions of applicable regulations.
- Indicating the violations related to financial and administrative corruption when highlighted to supervisory authorities or investigative authorities, being the case with the head of the authority, in which the violating employee follows the precautionary measures, in accordance with the provisions of the law related to any evidence proving that the act was committed, thus interfering with the concept of corruption.
- Encouraging the efforts of public and private sectors to implement plans and programs to protect integrity and combat corruption, while also following up on their implementation and evaluation of results.
- Following up on recovery of funds and proceeds resulting from corruption crimes with the relevant authorities.
- Reviewing the work methods and procedures in each entity covered by the authority’s capabilities with the aim of identifying shortcomings that could lead to corruption and working to address them in a manner that ensures the achievements of the authority’s objectives and the implementation of its policies.
- Proposing the required systems and policies to prevent and combat corruption by conducting a periodic review of the relevant laws and regulations in order to find their suitability and working to develop and raise them in accordance with legal procedures.
- Preparing the relevant controls for financial disclosures and performing the jobs for certain categories of workers in the state, then submitting them to the King for consideration of approval.
- Following up on the degree that the entities covered by the authority’s directive, carrying out and applying the regulations of criminalizing financial and administrative corruption and how much they work to strengthen the principles of accountability for each individual regardless of the position they hold.
- Following up on the implementation of the obligations contained in the international conventions related to the protection of integrity and combating corruption to which the Kingdom is part of.
- Providing direct communication channels with the public to receive reports related to corrupted behaviour, verifying their authenticity, and taking the necessary action.
- Working with the relevant authorities and civil society to develop a sense of citizenship and importance of protecting public funds, facilities and public property, to achieve good management and preservation.
- Receiving periodic reports and statistics from the entities covered by the authority’s function, requested by the authority, and studying them, preparing analytical data related to them, and taking the necessary actions.
- Supporting research procedures and studies related to protecting integrity and combating corruption, while urging the relevant authorities, specialized research centers and society institutions to contribute.
- Conducting studies measuring the impact of corruption on social consistency and economic development, analysing them and developing the necessary means to address them.
- Collecting information, data, and statistics related to corruption, analysing them, and building their own databases and information systems.
- Spreading awareness of the concept of corruption and building and clarifying its dangers and effects, the importance of protecting integrity, strengthening self-control and creating a culture of zero tolerance for corruption, while also encouraging civil society institutions and media to cooperate and contribute.
- Representing the Kingdom at international conferences and forums related to transparency, protecting integrity, and combating corruption, while cooperating with regional and international entities and organizations working in the field.
- Arranging conferences, seminars and training courses linked to transparency, integrity and combating corruption.
- Other specializations assigned to the authority under special provisions.
Values of the National Anti-corruption Authority
Transparency and Justice
Confidentiality and Source Protection
- An e-service provided by the Oversight and Anti-corruption Authority, enabling the beneficiary to submit a report about the administrative or financial corruption in one of the entities covered by the authority’s jurisdiction. Any person can submit a report about an action that he believes to be corrupt, and the authority will verify if the case falls under its responsibility or if it should be referred to other entities.
- Toll Free Number – 980.
- Postal Address: Oversight and Anti-corruption Authority, P.O. Box (Wasel) 7667, Al-Olaya, Al Ghadeer District, Riyadh, 133311 – 2525, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Submit a report in person.
- Fax Number - 0114420057.
- Send a telegram.